I have spent the last year soul searching and want to share the amazing things I discovered in the form of art journaling. I want to show people that they can get unstuck, you can work out what you want to call in to your life rather than letting life happen to you. I want to show people how to take the time to listen to yourselves and use creativity to explore.
These classes run the last Friday of the month (depending on school holidays). We explore a different prompt each month. Some of the previous prompts we have had are “What If” and “Setting Boundaries”.
The messages in your art don't have to be obvious. It isn't a journal which can be picked up and read by others where your privacy feels violated. You could use symbols or words or images which only you know the true meaning of. It isn't an art class as such, it was more about the journey of learning about yourself and creating something based on that.
My main target audience is busy mums because that is part of who I am, but absolutely anyone aged 16 years and over is welcome.
One student Nellie said:
"This was my first ever art class, my first collage I loved every minute of the session and so proud of my work. Thanks Jade for a wonderful evening full of creative fun and adventure".
If the idea of discovering more about yourself or how to deal with what life brings you, or how to set intentions to bring in the things you want in your life tickles your fancy, come along and enjoy a great night! You could even invite a friend and hang out together.
- Anyone aged 16 years and over is welcome
- You don't need to commit to a year long class, you can come to one or as many as you like
- It is $40 each session and usually goes for 2 hours
- Classes are the last Friday of the month at 7pm at Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre
- Everything is provided as well as tea and coffee and snacks
- No art experience necessary
- You will be using all sorts of materials to create texture in your book like collage, paint and different pens.
- You take your journal home with you so can use it to create anytime you like
- You will have access to the private Facebook group to see photos from the night, see upcoming events and post any artworks you would like to share.
- It is kid free so you can be yourself without distractions.
To keep up to date with upcoming classes, please like and follow my Creative Abyss Facebook page.
To learn more about adult classes for 2020 have a read here https://www.creativeabyss.net/post/art-classes-for-adults-in-2020